Sunday, November 9, 2008

This Little Light of Mine

Today, at church, I heard a sermon that really hit home..it was about letting the "Light of God" shine through us. As a Christian I have strong beliefs, and while I try my best to never push them on people, I find that by merely living for God I sometimes end up "offending" someone.

Have you every woke up in the dark of the night to go to the bathroom, and as you get there you turn the light on to see a cockroach in the floor? When that light comes on what does the bug do? Scatter! Crawls quickly to the nearest dark corner it can find! You know, this is kind of how it is with unbelievers--when they start to see the light of God in us, sometimes they turn away because they feel more comfortable living in the dark. Its not us that they are rejecting, but God....they are rejecting what we stand for. But God instructed us to let our light shine...
Notice he didn't say to make it shine, but rather let it shine. Because if you have God it your heart, the light with naturally show.
We can only pray for those who haven't yet found the love and hope we have been given through our Savior.

No comments: