Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Baby....

Today, when I got to work, I was looking at my calendar and realized how close it is to Hayden's birthday(01/25). With the holidays coming up I know the next 3 months will fly by! My "baby" will be 2 in January...and isn't that technically when you stop calling them a "baby"? That breaks my heart to think that in a few more months I will no longer have a baby.

I think back over the last 4 years, since I became a mommy....with Dylan, my first, I rushed every milestone-but with Hayden, I have almost dreaded every milestone knowing that meant he was getting one step closer to not being "my baby". Luckily, Hayden has been much "slower" than Dylan...crawled around 10 months, walked at 15 months and really just now started talking...well, his talking is a bit more of jabbering, but he is trying. I have sometimes wondered if God made him "slower" so I could relish the baby stage just a little longer....if so, thank you God. Maybe you could also make the next 3 months creep by...please?

4 comments:

JacJaysmom said...

AMEN!!!

JacJaysmom said...

Amen!!!

Melinda said...

ya know, i have noticed the same thing with freedom.

Joy said...

Ack! I totally know what you mean. Finn is getting so big and he's my last so I really want him to SLOW down. :)