Monday, October 20, 2008

The Bully...

Dylan has been having trouble with a certain boy at school wanting to pick on him. Today he came home declaring that he had a "horrible day" because the boy (who shall remain nameless) slammed his finger in a door and then laughed about it. Obviously my mother hen instinct kicked in and I had visions of me going to the school and showing this lil' boy how it felt to have his finger smashed in a door! But the more I pondered on it, I realized that now is the time to teach Dylan love and forgiveness...like God shows us.

I took the time to explain to Dylan that he needed to pray for the lil' boy--which Dylan and I did together...and then suggested that we invite the lil' boy to church with us. I mean, I don't know what kind of life this boy has to endure at home. (I will admit that I did tell him next time the boy did anything mean to him he had my permission to defend himself..because I don't want Dylan to just get "ran over"...) But back to topic, I just think its so awesome that God is able to forgive everyone and love us, even though at times we are careless with his gift to us-his son, Jesus.

No comments: