Monday, December 22, 2008

3 weeks

That is how long Ill have to wait before I learn anything more about what is causing Haydens troubles. About a week ago, I posted about Haydens issues of constant diarrhea for 5+ weeks ...well, he is still no better, even after being milk and egg free for over a week. So this morning we went to the pediatrician. I was prepared, with dirty diaper in tow (well, dirty diaper in ziplock bag to be correct). They doctor is going to run some cultures on the stool, and has instructed us to only give him Pedialyte and water to drink for 3 weeks. She wants to rule out lactose issues. Then, in 3 weeks we are to go back...that is, unless the issue clears up--which is what Im praying for. If he is no better in 3 weeks, they are going to send him for cystic fibrosis testing...since he does have a couple other symptoms (lots of chest colds/congestion and slow growth). Id be lying if I said I wasnt concerned, but I know God will take care of my family. He always has, and always will.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27 (KJV)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I, too, will be praying for your family, Jalita! Keep us posted!