Thursday, December 18, 2008

Through Thick & Thin

Back in high school, 10th grade to be exact, I walked into my English class on the first day of school and looked for a seat. Being that age you want to sit with a friend...but the only seat open was right next to a girl I "knew of" but wasn't really acquainted with. I knew this girl was was into sports and was pretty well known around the school-she had a really outgoing personality. I sat down next to her and within a couple days we hit it off and eventually became best friends...and still to this day remain that way!

We had some memorable times....worked together at Subway (Sandwich Artists, we were!), flew cross country to Minnesota and "vacationed" for a week-where we also met a set of brothers *wink wink*, worked together at The Sports Authority-where we both eventually met our husbands, were with each other through our weddings, and then side by side during the birth of our children... the list goes on and on. Times were not always peachy for us--there were fall outs occasionally and then there was a point when our lives were on different paths--but we always managed to grow close again, almost as if we never were apart...

I not only love this girl, but admire her...she has been a solid, steady rock in my life and I'm thankful for that. I'm confident that as we grow old we will remain the best of friends, even when we are old and gray.

Introducing, Rachel Ann, my best friend...

No comments: