Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Love Dare

This weekend I bought the book, The Love Dare. If you have seen the movie Fireproof then you should be familiar with The Love Dare. This book is a 40 day endeavour that leads you through daily devotionals, allows you to write down any thoughts, and ends each day giving you a specific task to perform. The tasks are basically a way to show your spouse love. I feel that this book is designed for the couple who is struggling, but in all honesty its a great process for any couple...because what couple cant use a little more T.L.C?
My marriage is good..but why settle for "good"?
Right now I am on day 2 of the dare, and I will keep you guys posted on the progress. I am not going to tell Michael I am doing it, and I'm curious if he will catch on. Yesterday my "task" was not to say anything negative to him, and today I am supposed to continue with that and do one act of kindness for him. So tonight, I plan to wash and put away his laundry--since he typically does his own laundry.
Anyone want to take the dare with me??
I dare you!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

sounds like something i need to look into. thanks for sharing.