Thursday, March 26, 2009

So Far So Good

So today is day 4 of the Love Dare, and so far so good. I have continued with the "no negativity" and I actually can see the good it is doing in all my relationships. I highly recommend everyone try this in all areas of their life, for a few days at least. I assure you once you see the impact it makes you will want to keep it up. I had no idea how negative I was until taking the Dare, and how that impacted my relationships--not only with Michael, but with my kids. So I plan to be more aware of what I say, and how I say it in the future.

On Day 3 I was supposed to buy Michael something. The theory is; "where you invest your time and money will determine what you have chosen to love. Your heart will be inclined to what you invest in." So I immediately knew what I wanted to buy Michael... a gift certificate to have his truck washed and detailed. He has mentioned having it done a few times lately, but hasn't gotten around to doing so. I left work 15 min early to ensure time to purchase the certificate before church. Problem was, the car washed closed early due to the weather. So I went home empty handed.... BUT, before work this morning I went and bought it and will give it to him today.

So today, for day 4, I am supposed to call him during the day just to see how he is doing and see if he needs anything. I actually do this almost every day, so it should be a breeze.

No comments: