Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 8

Everything has been going good with the Dare. Today I am supposed to "become my spouse's biggest fan...and share with him how glad I am about a recent success he has enjoyed."
After I read the devotional and dare, I thought really hard...trying to think of what Michael has been really proud of lately... Where had he really felt successful? Then it hit me--his "trophy deer" from this past hunting season. He is so proud of that deer, and the taxidermist is almost finished with the mount for him. So I informed him that when the deer mount is finished to let me know and we will have a mini-celebration..a welcome home/hanging party, of sorts. The celebration will be complete with Michael's favorite meal and some sort of homemade dessert. At first he thought I was mocking him, since he has never known me to be very thrilled over mounted deer heads...but I assured him I was proud of him for harvesting such a nice deer.
I think his head may of swelled a little.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! You are certainly better than me when it comes to allowing the display of "said trophy"! I absolutely refuse to have a dead animal hanging on the wall in my house. Of course, DH hasn't gotten any "trophy deer" to want to display, so I haven't had that battle yet either. I grew up with one "watching" me from over the television along with some other critters around the house. Not something I want to live with any more. LOL! However, I do enjoy the meat.

Jalita* said...

Yeah, I wasnt a fan at all when we first got married... But now that I know how much work he puts into it, and how it actually provides for the family (we eat all the meat, or give it to other families) it makes a big difference. Plus, our home is decorated like a "country lodge" so it fits the theme. ;~)