Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter is just around the corner

Today Dylan and I dyed our Easter eggs while Hayden took a nap.
They turned out very colorful.

Dylan enjoyed them. Its almost a dreaded tradition for me, because no matter what precautions I take I always end up with a stain on something. But I guess the memories make it worth while.

One tradition I started this year was mess free, and happened to be even more meaningful. I bought a set of Resurrection Eggs from Lifeway Christian bookstore. These eggs appear to be like any other plastic colorful Easter egg, but pop them open and find miniature symbols of the Easter story inside...things such as a donkey, Passover cup, crown of thorns, etc. The set comes with a small book that devotes a couple page description of each item and how it fits in with the Easter story, complete with the Bible verses to back it up. My original intentions were to use these eggs with my boys, but then it hit me how great it would be for my AWANA class at church, which consists of 3-4 year olds. So we hid the eggs and after the kids found them we opened them up and went over each item inside. I really think they enjoyed them.

Okay and in a totally unrelated Easter topic...well, unless you think about the chocolate most kids find in Easter baskets... I got a cute picture I just have to share. Tonight, I gave the kids a bath and set them down to eat supper. After supper I let them each pick a special treat, and both picked a chocolate cake to eat. Boy, what a mistake that was. I left the room for a second, only to come back to this ordeal.

You don't even get the full effect I did from seeing it in person, and cleaning it ALL up.

No comments: