Thursday, April 23, 2009

Some say irony, I say God!

A little over a year ago my home was broke in to, and they stole alot of stuff... a couple thousand dollars worth in fact! We were upset...upset about the missing stuff, but more so upset that someone had came into our home uninvited! Luckily, my mom happened to see it happening since she lives beside me--and she was able to ID the vehicle and people if they could catch them. We prayed for God to help the cops catch the people...and within hours the get away car wrecked in Walkertown... one guy escaped, and they caught the other. (eventually, a few months ago, they caught the one who escaped...)


Okay, fast forward to yesterday....
I'm at work and get a familiar phone call from my mom saying someone is at my house in a yellowish truck wearing a hoodie. I know immediately its someone trying to break in. My mom seen them walking back to their truck and driving away, but couldn't tell what happen. She waits a while and walks over and can tell the door is locked still...we assumed he was going to break in but seen the sign saying our was protected by an alarm service. I called the cops to go patrol the area and look for the truck, just because even if he didn't get in my house I know he was up to something!
Then this afternoon we get home and Michael looks around the house to see if anything is missing, and we noticed they had stolen one of his boat accessories from his shop. (only worth about $250, so much better than last time but still aggravating!) Michael prayed for God to let them find the guy....Then, we call the cops to report the theft and are waiting on them to come when the detective calls.... SAME detective we dealt with last time.
He says "So, I hear you had a theft" and Michael says "Yup, and my mother in law saw him". The detective kinda laughs because its like a flash back to last year. He said "Okay, can she describe the vehicle or man to me" and Michael says "Yes. She told me he had on a black hoody and she couldn't see his face...but he was driving a yellow two tone suv with a green top" and the detective busted out laughing and said "We got him!" Apparently, the same guy had stolen a trailer from someone else....was driving down the road and somehow the trailer came unattached. There were more guys with the dude this time, standing around helping him get the trailer attached when a cop stopped them because they knew it was a stolen trailer. And since that vehicle is pretty unique, its simple to tie him to our theft.
Unfortunately he had already gotten rid of Michaels stuff, but we are just so thankful he is in jail .

No comments: